Monday, February 28, 2011

How is that working for you?



You may be wondering who's arm is this and what in the world has she done now....dont fret...just read on.

I embarked on some additional training in the Baptiste style of yoga. I am so happy and excited to be following my heart. Without a running/triathlon training schedule I have so much more time to devote to what has become my true passion, yoga, teaching, practicing, learning and growing. I have been assisting in the Intro Series and I have run the gamut of emotions. I have gone from flying high, to the lowest of lows, crying, laughing, confidence and nerves. We have been challenged to look deep inside as we advance our practice. We had to answer the question :What is one area in my life that I feel like I have lost my freedom? Holy wow! This forced me to confront some issues to say the least. What I learned was that my so-called "story" really wasnt working for me....and for that matter, it wasnt working for anyone else either. In the process of becoming the world's greatest support person, I somehow became ok with the idea that my needs came second. Let me clarify here that no one ever made me feel this way, especially my husband who is my biggest fan....I ALLOWED myself to feel this way. I became known as Chris's amazing support person, the one woman crew, the one constant in our family and I allowed myself to think that this was all there was. I have so much inside just waiting to come out! I am so thankful that I was forced to get real and realize that I am what I choose to become. When Chris left for Brazil, I scribbled some words on a card. I never thought long and hard about what to say, I just wrote from the heart and from what was real. I wrote " Go. Live. Suffer. Grow"


This was just my humble wish for his journey. I was giving him permission of sorts to allow his journey to fill him up and light him up for us and for himself. These four words became a mantra, an intention to Chris and his pilgrim brothers. Jarom, one of the 3 to complete the journey, was so moved and inspired by these words that he gave himself a permanent reminder of his life's purpose. See above photo. If I EVER feel like what I have to say is inconsequential....I will look at this photo and realize that YES....one person can make a HUGE difference. Im finding my voice, are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment