Monday, January 3, 2011

The Beginning

Today was back to reality for me and the rest of my sleepy family. The kiddos were shuttled off to school and I dutifully packed my yogitoes, manduka and water bottle, to start my "yoga" experiment(see my post titled WHY? for the whole dang long drawn out story). Since this is an experiment in fitness (both mental and physical) I got on the blasted scale to record the number for future reference. I suppose it would be benefical to include that number here, but one step at a time people. If you know me , you know that Im horribly shy. It usaully comes of as snobbish and aloof, but alas, it is my own lack of self confidence that sends me to the back corner of every room, every conversation (unless I have some wine) and even to the back corner of every yoga studio. So, the number is written on a tiny scrap of paper neatly tucked away for me to post when Im ready....yeah right...it is SEARED in my brain, but i will tell my husband my number to keep it legit. I really am in the process of letting go of the number in my own life journey, but I kinda feel like at the end of this experiment, people will ask, "Did you gain weight?" So Id like to be able to say "Yes or No" with certainty. I am also going to do a little measuring of sorts to be recorded as well. I am researching how to measure physical fitness, I may consult my old trainer and have him do the testing on me so I can say that I had an impartial third party observer. I decided to start my experiment off with a little Baptiste power yoga this morning. It is a highly physical practice and the Benadryl that I took last night gave me a horrible antihistamine hang over , dry mouth, eyes crusted shut, not enough spit to seal my dads birthday card envelope, etc, etc. But i did get to sleep (until my 9 year old came in at midnight unable to sleep herself and then i yelled at her...I feel badly about that...bad mom, but I sooooooo wanted a good night sleep.) She forgave me after I made her a banana chocolate smoothie with my husbands Vitamix (ill talk more about this little number later). Anyhoo, you know those facebook posts that people write that say "so and so ran 320 miles at a 5:45 pace and felt GREAT"? Well, if I posted such things mine would have gone like this today "Erin did 75 minutes of Power Vinyasa Yoga and felt like SH!T"...yes profanity was needed here for emphasis and I tried a few other words but none fit the bill, so Im sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment