Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Blood Draws and Blah!

So last April my doctor gave me an order for blood work....guess what I just did TODAY? Yep...blood work. Why does something that takes me 30 minutes cause my whole schedule to be thrown off? Maybe it was the fact that I had to fast prior to the draw and that = no morning coffee, no morning ritual of drinking morning coffee and no spending that precious 30 minutes by myself, waking up and sipping coffee....did I mention that I REALLY enjoy my morning cofffee? So, I had that going for me this morning. I should have siezed this opportunity and done what a real yogi would have done...break out into a beautiful sun salutation as I watched the sun rise over the golf course, but I didnt. Why? I dont have the answer. Maybe this will change about me during my yoga experiement. Why does yoga feel like it has to take place in a studio to be effective sometimes? This I will have to change as most studios dont have childcare and there are only so many hours in the day that there is a class that fits into my schedule while the kids are at school. Since I dont have a full time job, I kinda feel selfish if I do things for myself after the kids get home, I really should get it all during the school day. I did teach my class this morning, even though my arm was still intermittently leaking blood. I also decided to shower this morning .....perhaps further throwing off my day. When I shower in the morning my husband looks at me like Im crazy...like he is saying "what makes today different than yesterday? and are you going somewhere other than to yoga"? Sadly, I have been known to wear my pajamas to many locations around Jacksonville. But, just for the record, my husband wore his slippers out yesterday to pick up our daughter....could it be that my slobbishness is rubbing off on him or are we both crazy? Back to my experiment, I feel very out of shape. I did take a resting pulse today and was surprised that it was still 56 BPM....I feel so blah! The only thing I did toward my experiment today was head to my local lululemon athletica and let my girls there dress me for my experiment. Note: this is NOT part of the experiement and I really dont like to shop, but I had several gift cards to use here and figured now was the time. It was a good thing that I stopped in because I got to connect with fellow yogis and talk about great classes and new studios. All good information for me for future use, just not today on bloody blah day. I will also note that I am squishy...like in the belly and rear squishy, this was made STARTINGLY obvoious in the lulu dressing room mirrors...whose body IS this? Reality check...its not the lighting...this is what happens when you cant physically do what you know works and decide to take the whole month of freaking December off of fitness... I REALLY need to start doing lunges everytime I peel my squishy butt off the couch or spend each commercial break during my Real Housewives (see also: crack in TV form) doing crunches....but not this girl....not for 6 months. If I werent me, I would have taken my yoga core class today and got in a solid hour of core focused yoga, but I AM ME and ME needs to get a better plan here.

No comments:

Post a Comment