Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Running Man and Its All Good!



Back on track! Today was a highly productive day considering the fact that my mini-me daughters slept in the bed with me last night. This has become an expected traditon when Chris is on call. This worked really well when they were 5 and 1, now that they are 5 and 9 and one grinds her teeth like there is no tomorrow, it is a challenge. I dont sleep...but, maybe Ill get parent of the year award. I taught my 9 am power flow class at Mindful Motion Yoga ...awesome energy in the room. I wanted SO badly to hop on a mat right next to my students and practice, but instead, at the end of class, I found myself being totally fulfilled in a BIG way, seeing my students play and take chances...it is priceless. I introduced Running Man to the class today. See image. Its an arm balance that I love, but rarely get to practice. I was in a 75 minute class at Big Fish Power Yoga and this pose was called....I was so happy...I know... its all relative. On days that I teach, I am often tired and rarely get to practice myself, but luckily, I found a 12 noon class to hop into and got in a power hour of my own before the I had to get to carpool. I am so very glad that I did this. I feel amazing. Just FYI, my weight is holding steady at "the number", despite all the sabotage that Ive been doing. After todays mid day class, Im at 2 classes practiced and 3 classes taught...uneven, yes, getting on back on track, yes. I have intention to practice Thurs, Friday and Saturday, making 5 classes for ME. Tonight, I cooked salmon, acorn squash and couscous....if you think that a five year old would never eat this? try it....mine did and asked for THIRDS!! I fully believe that you must introduce whole foods to kids...start the trend while they are young, it works. On a ridiclous note, we did the happy dance at the Roman house tonight because Chris had his big toe nail removed....OK, its SICK, but we are all so very thankful that we dont have to witness him pick and prod this poor appendage any longer. I was frankly getting tired of doing the toe nail remnant damage control every morning. If you dont know my husband, he is an ultrarunner and when I say that I dont mean that he runs a 50k here and there. He is the real deal, and he is heading to Brazil next week to tackle another huge race...353 miles ( Running the Caminho Da Fe). That leaves good ole e home alone with the chicken (my kids). Calgon...take me away? or perhaps something stronger? Would anyone like to adopt a crazy lady and her 2 semi crazy children for 10 days? no? really? Ok...so....I am also considering a 30 day yoga challenge, to practice 4 days a week in a studio, 2 days on my own...can i do this..I dont see much of a choice or my Rag and Bone skinny jeans that my dear sister sent to me from the warehouse will begin to dry rot on my shelf. My husband looks at them every time I wear them and shakes his head and says "Im glad Im not a woman, that is just painful"....actually, he's semi right. It is ridiculous. He gets to wear jeans that are several sizes too big for his skinny a@@ and and can feel good and comfy and stylish, while Im in my trendy jeans feeling...um...stuffed? Anywhoo, its fashion, i get it, I should like it, Im not dead YET. I did, enjoy my new lulu hoodie, didnt realize it had a bloody ponytail hole in the hood until today, interesting. So, until tomorrow...Im still a yogi and I am still sane....for now and my knee (BS) is happy and quiet.

No comments:

Post a Comment